On June 27, 2012, Morgan Lewis's Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Practice presented its first installment of our "Hot Topics in Employee Benefits - What We're Seeing" webinar series, which featured updates on hot topics or trends you should be following. This webinar brought together important employee benefits and executive compensation developments.
Health and welfare
- Supreme Court decision in Affordable Care Act case HHS v. Florida
Plan sponsor responsibilities
- Ford's recent lump-sum window for retirees
- Benefit restrictions and their effect on plan corrections
- What to do with service provider fee disclosures
- Getting ready for participant fee disclosures
- Year-end deadline for section 409A compliance-payments subject to release
- 2012 income acceleration in anticipation of 2013 "Taxmageddon"
- Impact on benefits and payroll taxes
- Methods to reduce financial exposure to IRS audits and worker challenges
- Tax planning for corporations and business owners in the upcoming year using ESOPs