Morgan Lewis presents the second webinar in our two-part series discussing the treatment of independent workers by the legislative and executive branches, including proposed independent contractor legislation and developments from the IRS, the DOL, and the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
Topics discussed include:
- Federal audit activity
- Proposed rulemaking and determinations at the DOL and IRS
- The IRS Voluntary Classification Settlement Program
- The IRS-DOL Memorandum of Understanding to target independent contractor issues
- DOL-State Memoranda of Understanding
- The IRS's State Information Sharing Program