- New York (U.S.)
Legend Business Center
Tsvetnoy Bulvar, 2
Moscow 127051 Russian Federation
Dina Kzylkhodjaeva is an international partner in Morgan Lewis's Business and Finance Practice. Ms. Kzylkhodjaeva advises clients on international oil and gas development projects, energy-based financings, securities, and project finance. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and general commercial transactions.
Ms. Kzylkhodjaeva has structured and executed complex share acquisitions, including the representation of buyers and sellers, and international joint ventures in the Russian and CIS markets in a variety of industries, with a particular emphasis on the mining and energy sectors.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Ms. Kzylkhodjaeva was a partner in the corporate practice of another international law firm, resident in Moscow. Before that, she worked for more than five years in the New York offices of other international law firms, where she was involved in LNG projects, transactions involving the purchase and sale of oil and gas assets, public and private placements of debt and equity, asset securitizations, and structured finance transactions.
Ms. Kzylkhodjaeva earned her J.D. from Columbia University Law School in 2000 and her B.A., with honors, from Kazakh State University in 1991. She is fluent in English, Russian, and Kazakh.
Ms. Kzylkhodjaeva is admitted to practice in New York (U.S.).
Note: This list includes engagements completed prior to joining Morgan Lewis.
- Advising independent natural gas producer Itera on a strategic joint venture with Russian oil giant Rosneft to jointly develop their gas fields in the gas-rich Yamalo-Nenets autonomous region in Russia's Arctic. Itera plans to join all Rosneft gas assets under its name.
- Representing ARMZ Uranium Holding Co, one of the world leaders in the uranium mining industry, on a joint venture with Stepnogorsk Mining & Chemical Complex and KazZinc.
- Advising the owners of NetByNet, a Russian telecommunications and Internet provider, on its sale to Megafon, one of the top mobile operators in Russia.
- Advising Renova Group in its $600 million+ joint venture with Rosnano to produce solar batteries at Novocheboksarsk, using technology developed by Swiss company Oerlikon Solar.
- Advising TGK-10, a Russian subsidiary of Fortum Oyj, in connection with the conduct of a tender and the negotiation and execution of engineering, procurement, and construction contracts (together with all related project and security documentation) relating to construction of the Nyaganskaya Power Plant in the Hanty-Mansy region of North-West Russia, which is currently the largest single investment project in the Russian power sector.
- Representing UC RUSAL, the world's leader in the aluminum producing industry, on the formation of a joint venture with OJSC RusHydro, a Russian federal hydro-generating holding company. The joint venture is to build and operate approximately $4 billion combined energy and aluminum smelter in the Krasnoyarsk region.
- Representing IFC Alemar, acting on behalf of OGK-1, on the structure and documentation of a $700 million joint venture with a strategic partner to build a gas-fired power plant in Russia's Tyumen region.
- Columbia University Law School, 2000, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Kazakh State University, 1991, B.A., With Honors