As part of our "Technology May-rathon," in the upcoming webinar, “Click Here for Your Money: Technology-Based Lending,” Morgan Lewis partner Charles Horn and of counsel Melissa Hall will discuss key issues for technology-based lending. The discussion will cover three examples of technology-based lending, including marketplace lending, online direct lending, and mobile wallets.
Topics will include the following:
- Federal preemption and state licensing issues for technology-based lending
- “True lender” issues, including recent court decisions
- CFPB UDAAP (“state of the art technology” better be “state of the art”)
- Cybersecurity requirements for technology-based lending
- Prepaid accounts final rule, including overdrafts, credit card–connected mobile wallets, and other technology issues
- A discussion of the OCC’s FinTech Charter
This one-hour webinar will be held on Wednesday, May 31, at 1:00 pm ET.