Morgan Lewis partner Andy Anderson will moderate this ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits teleconference, "2014: End of the (Health Care) World as We Know It?"
The program will focus briefly on the remaining statutory requirements between now and 2014, and will synthesize the existing guidance and future requirements into what the health care world may look like in 2014, with a focus on larger employers. The panel will discuss whether:
- Retiree medical coverage survives the creation of exchanges of 2014
- Stand-alone HRAs remain available for employers to subsidize premium costs
- Employers adopt a "fail safe" low cost employee-only plan to satisfy their shared responsibility obligations
- Employers should begin ramping up to appropriately manage (and track) full time employees
- Employers should begin to back away from high cost plans or on-site clinics in anticipation of the "Cadillac Tax" in 2018
Thursday, December 8, 2011