This course covers the history and background necessary to understand the nuclear regulatory process.
The course will also cover NRC regulatory requirements and guidance documents and will examine NRC’s role in the nuclear fuel cycle from enrichment and fabrication to waste disposal.
- Review the history and development of nuclear regulation in the U.S.
- Describe the relationship of the NRC with other organizations both inside and outside of the government
- Discuss the organizational and staffing structure of the NRC
- Recognize the regulatory and licensing requirements of the NRC
- Determine how the NRC evaluates licensee performance
- Examine the hearing process of the NRC
- Discuss the NRC’s enforcement process