2016 Annual Tax Controversy Institute – UCLA Extension
October 25, 2016
Join Litigation partner Nathan Hochman at the 32nd Annual Tax Controversy Institute, where he will speak on a panel titled All In- The “Do’s and Don’ts” Impacting The Civil Tax Trial or Criminal Prosecution.
This roundtable discussion will include various strategies employed during a civil examination or criminal investigation that can impact the resolution of the case, including:
- the impact of post-return conduct;
- cooperation vs. confrontation;
- delayed or incomplete responses as possible basis to establish fraudulent intent at the time the return was filed;
- current filing issues in the midst of an examination or a criminal investigation;
- qualified offers and the recovery of administrative and litigation costs;
- thorough discussion of various examination and pre-litigation strategies;
- "do's and don'ts" in the tax trenches; and
- penalty considerations.
CLE credit: Available MCLE, CPE, and Legal Specialist Educational Credit in Taxation Law.