The new Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 amends the Economic Espionage Act and provides the most significant trade secret reform in decades. For the first time, businesses can pursue federal civil remedies that are specifically tailored to protection of trade secrets.
Please join us for an overview about the new law and review of the steps trade secret owners can take to protect their trade secrets.
Topics will include:
- Background on the history and key features of the landmark trade secret reform statute
- Review of the ex parte court order process to recover and seize trade secrets pending a full court hearing
- Factors on whether to bring a federal civil claim under the new law or pursue state law civil remedies
- Review of the new whistleblower protections
- Stronger protections to safeguard trade secrets during litigation
- “Reasonable measures” that trade secret owners can and should take to protect their trade secrets as a requirement under trade secret law
- Factors for criminal foreign economic or trade secret theft cases
- The interplay of the new federal statute with other federal claims for relief
- Your questions about the new law
For more information or to register, please contact Kim Mize at email@example.com.