2018 Doing Business in the Golden State – The California Consumer Privacy Act: Preparing for 2020
Watch the recording >> | View the slides >>
August 01, 2018
12:30 PM - 01:30 PM ET
09:30 AM - 10:30 AM PT
On June 27, California enacted the nation’s most comprehensive consumer privacy law, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). This webinar will provide an overview of the landmark privacy measure, including:
- The businesses subject to the law and its exceptions
- New consumer privacy rights, including the right to know, the right of access, the right to be forgotten, and the right to opt out of sale of data
- The private right of action and statutory damages for security breaches
- Prospects for amendments and regulatory guidance
- Early questions about the scope and application of the CCPA
The CCPA is a far-reaching law that will impact many companies doing business in California. This webinar will help you get a better sense of how you can start preparing for compliance in 2020.
Contact Kim Mize at +1.415.442.1869 or email@example.com.
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.