Morgan Lewis Seminars
IRS and ICOs – Overview of Tax Implications for Cryptocurrency Participants
Watch the recording >> | View the slides >>
April 24, 2018
11:30 AM - 01:30 PM ET
08:30 AM - 10:30 AM PT
The US tax rules are lagging far behind the development and deployment of cryptocurrencies. During this session we will discuss the key US tax considerations and limited IRS guidance on the taxation and tax reporting of cryptocurrencies, as well as the future of tax enforcement around this growing sector.
Please join us over breakfast and a cup of coffee as we discuss tax implications for cryptocurrency participants.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Overview of US tax issues and current IRS guidance
- Open issues around the taxation of cryptocurrencies
- Taxpayer management of tax risks
- Current and future IRS enforcement efforts in the virtual currency world
- How IRS enforcement efforts complement and potentially contradict efforts by other enforcement agencies like the US Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
8:30 - 9:00 AM \\ Breakfast and registration
9:00 - 10:30 AM \\ Program
For more information or to register, please contact Iris Jacinto.
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.