Major (Potential) Changes to the Regulation of US Private Fund Marketing – Webinar
Watch the presentation >>
View the slides >>
|Monday, December 16, 2019|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM ET|
|11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT|
|09:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT|
Please join us for a one-hour webinar where we will provide an overview on the SEC’s proposed rules related to the Advisers Act advertising rule and cash solicitation rule, and how these proposed changes could substantially change how US private fund managers market and sell their products and services. This webinar will focus on how the proposed rules could impact the marketing and distribution of private funds.
topics will include:
- Expanded definition of "advertisement"
- Communications with prospective and existing investors in private funds
- Differentiation between retail and nonretail communications
- Shift from bar on testimonials and past specific recommendations to false and misleading test
- New frameworks for portability and hypothetical, backtested, target, and related performance
- Extension of solicitation rule to all compensation and investors in private funds
- Related records, approval, and supervision requirements
- Key areas for focus and comment before end of 60-day comment period
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, OH, OR, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.