Conferences and Speeches
CPE SEC Conference 2020: An Accounting & Reporting Update for Public Companies
Friday, June 12, 2020
|08:30 AM - 10:00 AM ET|
|07:30 AM - 09:00 AM CT|
|05:30 AM - 07:00 AM PT|
The leader of Morgan Lewis’s securities enforcement practice, G. Jeffrey Boujoukos, will speak at CPE’s 2020 SEC Conference: An Accounting & Reporting Update for Public Companies. This two-day program will feature the latest updates and expert guidance from current SEC and PCAOB regulators—including the SEC’s Divisions of Enforcement and Corporation Finance—plus Big 4 leaders and other experts.
Jeff will speak at the SEC Enforcement Issues panel. This session will highlight the following topics:
- SEC Enforcement: The Current Landscape
- Current SEC Commissioners
- New SEC Enforcement Policy Focus: Technology & Individuals
- SEC Enforcement Actions, Penalties & Trends
- The Share Class Initiative Influenced Trends in FY 2019
- SEC Whistleblower Program Update & Awards
- Arsenal of SEC Enforcement Weapons
- Examples of Specific Risks for the Initiation of SEC Investigations
- Accounting Areas of Focus
- Recent Accounting & Reporting Case Examples
- Recent Cases Against Individual Auditors & Accountants
- Litigated Financial Fraud & Auditor Cases
- Recent FCPA Cases
- SEC Focus on Cyber: Disclosure, Internal Controls, Cryptocurrency, etc.
- Insider Trading
CLE credit: See event page for CLE details.