Litigation partner Laura Hughes McNally will speak on George Mason University Law & Economics Center’s Civil Justice Academy webinar “The Changing Landscape of Securities Litigation: Mergers, Events-Based Securities Claims, and Emerging Litigation and Settlement Dynamics in Federal and State Courts.” This panel of experts will provide diverse perspectives examining current trends and issues in securities litigation as well as the state and federal legislative backdrop against which the litigation must be tested.
Topics will include:
- Whether changes in treatment of securities claims in Delaware and other states have caused a shift in focus toward federal law claims, and with what effect.
- How are the federal courts handling the new wave of merger-based suits?
- What do state and federal judges need to better understand about modern securities actions?
- Are there inconsistencies in treatment for these cases across a multitude of federal districts and circuits?
- What are the bases for events-driven securities claims against boards and directors, such as those linked to separate firm controversies surrounding issues of cyber-security, sexual harassment, products liability, personal injury or other adverse news and events?
- How is the changing landscape across all of these and other areas affecting the current climate for settlement of claims?