Conferences and Speeches
PLI Seminar: Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2020
Intellectual property partner Sanjay Murthy will present "Ethics for Life Sciences Patent Lawyers" at Practising Law Institute (PLI)'s Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2020 during a live webcast hosted by PLI.
Topics will include:
- Understanding ethics before the Patent Office – conflicts of interest, such as prosecuting patent applications for multiple clients in the same technology area, being adverse to former clients in PTAB proceedings.
- Analyzing inequitable conduct ethical issues before the Patent Office and the implications for prosecution and litigation counsel in light of GS Cleantech Corporation v. Adkins Energy LLC.
- Learning ethical issues involved with joint development agreements, such as creating implied attorney/client relationships that can lead to disqualification and/or waiver of attorney/client privilege issues.
- Examining corporate representation conflicts of interest, such as issues created by outside counsel guidelines, engagement letters, and lawyers switching firms.
- Exploring ethical issues in discovery and trial, such as best practices for discovery and protecting trade secrets and other confidential information at trial.
CLE credit: Please see event page for CLE details.