Litigation partner Melanie Ryan moderates a panel discussion on “European Regulatory Co-operation and Enforcement: What are the Implications for UK Based Firms?” at the City & Financial Global’s Market Abuse and Market Manipulation Summit. This year’s event looks at how firms can respond to address risks in the interest of both market integrity and to avoid enforcement action.
Issues to be addressed include:
- The FCA’s agenda to combat market abuse and enforcement priorities
- How has the pandemic altered firms’ approach to counteracting the risk of market abuse?
- European regulatory co-operation and enforcement
- Latest developments in market manipulation enforcement
- Challenges in regulating the foreign exchange and commodities markets
- The role and effectiveness of market soundings
- Aligning market abuse surveillance with AML and financial crime surveillance
- Identifying behaviours which indicate possible misconduct or abuse of position