Join us for our long awaited in-person Technology and Outsourcing New York Summit 2022 for technology transactions and outsourcing legal and sourcing professionals.
This year’s event will feature interactive discussions with industry leaders on the latest trends and top-of-mind issues impacting technology and outsourcing transactions. Throughout the event there will be opportunities to connect and network with your peers.
The day will start with breakfast and an optional one-hour discussion on ethics and artificial intelligence. At 11:00 am ET, we will kick off the sessions.
The evening will be kicked-off by a thought-provoking discussion with our keynote speaker Dr. Daniel Susskind on the future of work and how it is being impacted by technology. Drawing on Dr. Susskind’s best-selling books, “The Future of the Professions” (2015) and “A World Without Work” (2020), the discussion will consider how automation is affecting not only blue-collar workers, but white collar-workers as well who are now within its reach. Dr. Susskind will explain why in the future we will neither need nor want professionals—architects, lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers, consultants, and many others—to work as they did in the 20th century and explain how we can all prepare to flourish in the post-COVID-19 pandemic world.
We look forward to seeing you there!
- 9:30–10:00 am ET │ Breakfast
- 10:00–11:00 am ET │ The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence: For Business and for the Legal Profession
Need Ethics Credit? This is for you. We will discuss tips for practitioners counseling businesses on the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and cover your ethical obligations as a practitioner when it comes to using AI in your legal practice.
- 11:00–11:15 am ET │ Welcome and Kick Off
- 11:15 am–12:00 pm ET │ State of the Market
Over the last year, companies have implemented new digital technology solutions at record levels, looking to leverage emerging technologies, improve the user digital experience, enable cloud solutions to store data, and test the waters on how to transact with digital assets. Join us for our presentation covering the current and forecasted state of the technology transaction and outsourcing markets.
- 12:00–1:00 pm ET │ Networking and Lunch
- 1:00–2:00 pm ET │ Contracting for Digital Transformation: Key Contract Considerations
Digital transformation requires particular emphasis on key contractual areas. Our panelists will discuss their experiences and perspectives on these key areas, from intellectual property and data ownership to governance and performance standards and pricing.
- 2:00–2:45 pm ET │ Data Privacy Updates: Legislation, Litigation, and Law Enforcement
This session will explore the latest on the data privacy front. We will discuss the new consumer privacy laws in five US states, recent lawsuits over alleged wiretapping, and trends in and how to stay ahead of data security incidents.
- 2:45–3:30 pm ET │ How Innovation is Impacting the Online Customer Experience (CX) and User Experience (UX)
An interactive discussion of emerging innovation and trends—including blockchain transactions, the metaverse, and banking-as-a-service and FinTech solutions—impacting the online consumer and user experience and how companies are engaging and contracting with third parties.
- 3:30–4:30 pm ET │ Perspectives on Multi-Jurisdictional Outsourcing in an Era of Increasing Data and Regulatory Challenges
Our panel will discuss key challenges facing multi-jurisdictional agreements, including perspectives on contrasting the US and UK/European approaches on key contract provisions and challenges navigating differing regulatory regimes around the globe.
- 4:30–4:40 pm ET │ Closing Remarks
- 5:00–7:00 pm ET │ Networking Reception Featuring Keynote Speaker Daniel Susskind
Please contact Ryan Signora for more information.