Morgan Lewis FDA & Healthcare partner Stephen Ruscus will be presenting on the panel titled "340 Policy and Compliance - Drug Supply Policy, Challenges, & Solutions" at the upcoming 8th annual 340B Coalition Winter Conference.
Topics to include:
- Increased scrutiny of 340B program from Congress and government agencies.
- Implications of Government Accountability Office report for providers, industry and HRSA.
- Upcoming audits from the government and drug manufacturers.
- Growing use of contract pharmacies and how to implement win-win partnerships.
- A closer look how a user fee to fund 340B government operations would work.
- Third party reimbursement trends and efforts by providers to challenge these contracts.
- Implications of reductions in Medicaid reimbursement to 340B providers and efforts to design mutually beneficial arrangements.
- Status of 340B legislation including extending 340B pricing to inpatient setting, repeal of orphan drug discount restriction and exemption from 340B pricing on drugs in short supply.
- Regulation defining scope of orphan drug discount restriction.
- Possible congressional hearings on 340B program.
- New guidance from HRSA when drug prices drop to a penny.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
1:00 pm - 3:15 pm PT
Hotel del Coronado
1500 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118