Please join BNY Mellon Wealth Management, Morgan Lewis, and Grant Thornton for an in-depth roundtable discussion of best practices, considerations, and common issues associated with the acquisition of a privately held organization. This two-hour seminar will cover what to consider when undergoing a change in control from various perspectives.
Topics to be discussed:
- Preparations for a change in control from both the corporate and executive perspectives
- Impact of a change in control on employment arrangements
- Equity considerations
- 280G ("excess parachute payment") planning
- Tax implications of alternative acquisition structures
- Preparation for due diligence
- Tax savings, opportunities, and traps
- Individual tax implications for owners and executive
- Jerry Block, BNY Mellon Wealth Management
- William Stickney, Grant Thornton
- Michael Jackson, Grant Thornton
- Richard Aldridge, Morgan Lewis
- David Zelikoff, Morgan Lewis
Tuesday, November 8th, 2011
8:00–8:30 am | Registration and breakfast
8:30–10:30 am | Presentation
Philadelphia Country Club
1601 Spring Mill Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
To RSVP or for additional information, please contact Lori Stein at 215.553.3385 or email@example.com.
CLE credit in NY, NJ, and PA is currently pending approval.
Participants maintaining their CPA certification are eligible to receive 2 CPE credits.
Media Sponsor—Philadelphia Business Journal