Morgan Lewis Seminars
Developments in Executive Compensation, Fringe Benefits, and Information Reporting: Advance Planning to Reduce Audit, Class Action, and Whistleblower Challenges
|April 13, 2017|
|08:30 AM - 11:00 AM ET|
Please join us for this Tax Executives Institute, Inc. event sponsored by Morgan Lewis.
Proposed topics will include:
- Top 6 IRS payroll audit issues (company cafeterias, expense reimbursements, sales conventions, worker classification, W-2/1099 penalties, and timing of payroll tax deposits)
- Executive compensation: IRS corporate tax audit issues (deferred compensation, Section 280G, Section 162(m), and bonus accrual)
- Executive compensation tax planning: FICA on deferred compensation, treatment of clawbacks, and give-backs for newly hired and former executives
- Planning for changes in withholding on executives’ equity compensation (responding to accounting changes allowing income tax withholding on equity compensation at rates over 25%)
- Dealing with class actions alleging errors in proxy reporting and 162(m) plan design, and with whistleblower complaints
- New York payroll tax audits (challenges to withholding for NY residents, former NY residents, and temporary travelers with high interest charges, even on first audits)
Registration and Breakfast | 8:30–9:00 am
Program | 9:00–11:00 am
Conference Fee: $50 – cash or check, payable at the registration desk.
CLE credit: CLE credit in NY, NJ (via reciprocity), and CT is pending approval and Continuing Education Credit (CPE) is available.