Morgan Lewis recently sponsored the 2nd Annual Investors Conference on Marketplace Lending presented by the Information Management Network (IMN). Structured Transactions partner Philip Russell was a panelist on the “Marketplace Lending – The Year in Review and the Year Ahead: Marketplace Leaders Speak Out” session.
Over the course of the one-day program, the conference dove deeper into the nuances of the marketplace lending sector:
- What are the various assets being funded, and which are ripe for securitization?
- How are credit decisions being made? What safeguards are being built into the ABS structures?
- How will this market fare in the event of an economic downturn? How will the securities backed by these assets fare?
- What are the regulatory risks facing this sector, and how might that impact investors? Platforms?
- Has the face of lending changed forever? How will this impact the traditional bank lender?