Morgan Lewis partner Howard Meyers will be a speaker at the Spring 2012 KPMG Audit Committee Roundtable: Is Governance Keeping Pace?
In light of the dramatic, ongoing changes and uncertainties in the business and risk environments-globalization, regulation, emerging technologies, organizational changes, and more-a key concern for audit committees and boards today is whether the company's governance is keeping up with the complexity and pace of global business.
Drawing on survey findings and insights from KPMG's recent 2012 Audit Committee Issues Conference, the Spring Roundtable Series will delve into the governance challenge from a number of perspectives, including:
- Understanding whether "core governance processes" - board oversight, strategic planning and execution, risk management, and internal controls (financial, operational, compliance) - are keeping pace with the dynamic business environment
- Developing a "single view" and an integrated approach to governance that addresses the critical business issues confronting companies today
- The role of the audit committee/board in setting expectations for an integrated governance approach that connects with strategy and addresses the complexity, pace, and uncertainty of the global business arena.
The session will also provide updates on legal/regulatory issues and audit/accounting developments that every audit committee should have on its radar.
- Jerry Maginnis - Managing Partner, Philadelphia Office,
ACI Roundtable Panelists
- Nancy A. Reardon - Retired Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer, Campbell Soup Company and Audit Committee Member, Warnaco Group, Inc.
- Cynthia K. Hook - Senior Vice President and General Auditor, Comcast Corporation
- Howard Meyers - Senior Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius
- Davinder Athwal - Chief Accounting Officer, Chief Risk Officer, and VP of Accounting and Financial Control, UGI Corporation
- Mike McAleer - Partner, KPMG LLP
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
8:00-10:30 AM ET
260 Mall Boulevard
King of Prussia, PA 19406