Morgan Lewis partners Howard M. Radzely, Ann Marie Painter, and Christopher A. Parlo will present at the National Employment Law Institute - Employment Law Conference.
This is NELI's most comprehensive two day advanced-level conference addressing critical developments affecting employment policies and practices of business and government.
The 2012 agenda addresses significant pending legislative and regulatory changes along with our annual substantive updates, including:
- Annual EEO update of Supreme Court and significant appellate court cases and their application and implications for employment law practitioners;
- Cutting edge wage and hour issues, covering exempt status regulation, calculation of time worked, rate of pay, overtime, back pay, etc., and developments in class and collective action litigation post-Dukes;
- Independent Contractor Misclassifcation, including IRS and DOL initiatives, possible changes to the FLSA, protection of intellectual property and much more;
- An analysis of the effect of a reconstituted National Labor Relations Board -- NLRA decisions and developments;
- Developing compliant and effective information security, privacy, and social media policies in the e-workplace;
- Annual review of ethics issues in labor and employment law (1 hour of ethics credit);
- ADA Update on "qualified" and "reasonable accommodation" and the wave of recent cases in these areas;
- Practical guidance on FMLA issues in light of recent case law decisions and the ongoing impact of the ADAAA and DOL's proposed reguations.
Independent Contractor Misclassification
Ann Marie Painter, presenter
San Francisco, CA - 12/6/12-12/7/12
This program will provide between 12-14.5 CLE hours (including 1 hour of ethics), depending upon the jurisdiction.