NLRB End of Term Roundup Extravaganza
January 04, 2018
|10:00 AM - 11:30 AM PT|
|01:00 PM - 02:30 PM ET|
Join Morgan Lewis’s NLRB practitioners for a roundtable-style webinar dissecting the decisions and interpreting the implications for union and nonunion employers.
A number of new and important case decisions from the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) confront employers as Chairman Philip Miscimarra’s term comes to a close. We will discuss the extremely important new board developments in:
- Hy-Brand – return of the prior joint employer standard, after the reversal of Browning Ferris
- Boeing – instituting an entirely new test for evaluating whether employer rules and policies are lawful, including those commonly found in employer handbooks, policy manuals, employment agreements, and codes of conduct
- PCC Structurals – return to traditional bargaining unit standards, after the reversal of Specialty Healthcare
- Raytheon – return to prior standard for determining whether an employer must negotiate over actions that are consistent with past practice, including healthcare benefit changes, after the reversal of DuPont
- UPMC – settling NLRB General Counsel prosecutions through a “consent agreement” or “consent judgment” process
- Election Rules Request For Information – request for information from the public on whether the revised union election rules of 2014 be (a) retained without change; (b) retained with modifications; or (c) rescinded.
For more information, please email Maggie Aurand or call +1.215.963.4637.
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.