Morgan Lewis Seminars
2019 Technology May-rathon: IP Year in Review – Important Cases Decided in 2018
View this media >>
Watch the recording >> | View the presentation >>
May 09, 2019
08:30 - 09:00 AM \\ Breakfast and registration
09:00 - 10:30 AM \\ Program
With hundreds of patent and other intellectual property (IP) decisions made in 2018, how do you decide which cases will affect your company’s litigation, patent prosecution, or manufacturing strategy?
Please join us over breakfast and a cup of coffee as we discuss some of our favorite IP cases of 2018 from the US Supreme Court and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and share our insight on what companies need to know.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- How long after a district court action has been
brought can you institute an IPR proceeding?
- What PTAB decisions can you appeal?
- What is an adequate written description?
- When can defendants get their attorney fees?
- What exactly is patent eligible subject matter these days?
- How does copyright law’s fair use defense apply to APIs?
For more information or to register, please contact Iris Jacinto.
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.