The American Lawyer Magazine's Litigation Department of the Year – Labor and Employment Law Finalist 2004, Winner 2006, Finalist 2008, Finalist 2010, and Finalist 2012
Listed in the highest tier for National Labor and Employment Practice in Chambers USA 2013
Named a top 5 firm for employment in BTI's Litigation Outlook 2014 report
Ranked in the top tier by The Legal 500 for Labor and Employment Litigation, ERISA Litigation, Labor-Management Relations, and Workplace and Employment Counseling (2012)
Ranked, National Tier 1: Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment by U.S. News and Best Lawyers (2011-2012)
Ranked #1 for "Most Prestigious" Labor and Employment Practice, Vault 2012 Associate Survey
- England & Wales (Solicitor)
5-10 St. Paul's Churchyard
London, EC4M 8AL
Phone: +44 (0)20 3201 5639
Fax: +44 (0)20 3201 5001
Lee is an associate in Morgan Lewis’s Employment Practice. Lee has varied experience acting for many clients including FTSE 100 companies, large global multinationals, technology driven and IP rich businesses, banks, and financial services institutions. He also has experience advising on complex pensions law liabilities and compliance issues.
Highlights of Lee’s employment experience include:
- Providing corporate support and advice to the buyer and seller on mergers and acquisitions, including advising on document disclosure, due diligence, as well as drafting warranties, indemnities and other commercial documentation;
- Managing cross-border transactions and restructuring exercises by instructing foreign counsel, digesting the result and presenting the information to clients in a clear and coherent manner;
- Providing supporting advice and documentation to clients when managing TUPE and collective consultation obligations;
- Providing strategic advice on the establishment, variation and amendment of bonus schemes and equity plans;
- Advising clients on pay negotiation and anti-strike strategies with their trade unions;
- Advising clients on the scope and enforceability of restrictive covenants, especially where this is connected to a possible team move and where damages might not be an adequate remedy; and
- Providing strategic advice to HR clients on a wide range of matters, including in connection with complex investigation and disciplinary matters.
- Managing a busy Employment Tribunal case load and proactively advising the client on merits and litigation strategy throughout the case management process;
- Supervising and providing guidance to junior fee earners on conduct of litigation matters;
- Defending a variety of complex claims; and
- Instructing counsel and expert witnesses, drafting legal pleadings, witness statements and other key documentation and correspondence.
Lee completed his Legal Practice Course at the University of the West of England in 2006. He completed his post-graduate diploma in law course at the University of Westminster in 2005 and received a First in History BA (Hons) from the University of Manchester in 2001.
Lee is admitted to practice in England and Wales as a solicitor.