CCPA Update: New Amendments and Preparing for January 1
Watch the presentation >>
View the slides >>
|01:00 PM - 02:00 PM ET|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM CT|
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM PT|
The January 1 effective date of the landmark California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is fast approaching, but the law’s requirements remain a moving target. In this webinar we will provide an overview of the latest amendments to the CCPA, the state of the law and related regulations, and practical perspectives on CCPA compliance.
Topics will include:
- The new one-year exemption for employee data
- The new one-year exemption for B2B communications
- Other new amendments, including those related to the use of toll-free numbers and verifiable consumer requests
- Failed amendments and other issues to watch
- Status of California attorney general regulations and possible new ballot initiative
- Other state laws influenced by the CCPA
- Preparing for the January 1 effective date and 2020 enforcement date
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.