Nuclear Power Regulation Basics (NRC-101), presented at EUCI program, Washington, D.C.
January 30, 2013
Course covers the history and background necessary to understand the nuclear regulatory process.
The training included topics covering:
- History of Nuclear Regulation: 1946 – Present
- NRC’s Relationship to Others – (Alex Polonsky)
- Structure and Function of NRC’s Component Offices
- How NRC Imposes Formal Regulatory Requirements, Informal Expectations, and Commitments
- Reactor Licensing Processes: Existing Plants
- General Regulated Activities of Operating Plants
- Nuclear Liability and Decommissioning
- NRC’s Activities Related to Fukushima
- How NRC Evaluates Licensee Performance