The International Trade Practice presented this webinar on the protection and export/transfer of technical data and technology controlled by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Topics of discussion included:
- Definitions of "ITAR-controlled technical data" and "EAR-controlled technology"
- Marking technical data and technology, including domestic destination control statements and required export destination control statements
- Deemed exports to foreign-person personnel and foreign-person visitors
- IT issues, including the storage of technical data and technology on internal servers and enterprise resource planning systems
- Placing information in the "cloud," including who is responsible for export compliance and how best to protect your company
View the presentation >
Listen to a recording of the presentation >