On Thursday, November 29, the International Trade and Economic Sanctions Practice presented the second installment of its "Anti" Webinar Series. This webinar focused on anti-corruption policies and compliance programs.
Questions that were addressed:
- What is anti-corruption compliance and why is it important?
- Should the approach of an anti-corruption compliance program be domestic or international?
- Which laws are typically involved with such a program?
- Who is subject to these laws and what should companies be aware of when ensuring compliance?
- What are the common pitfalls and mistakes that U.S./ multinational companies make regarding anti-corruption laws and regulations?
- How should companies address foreign representatives and agents (e.g., vetting)?
- Should hospitality and entertainment be addressed in an anti-corruption compliance policy?
- What about recordkeeping?
- What are the penalties for noncompliance?
- What are the enforcement trends?
View the presentation >
Listen to a recording of this presentation >