Morgan Lewis partners Margaret Gatti and Louis Rothberg presented this webinar on cloud computing and learning how U.S. export controls may impact the use of cloud computing services.
Topics discussed included:
- What is "cloud computing"?
- Do you know when or whether your tech data/information is going off to a virtual cloud located on a server in Elbonia?
- What positions do the Bureau of Industry and Security and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls actually take with respect to cloud computing under the EAR and ITAR?
- What is the export control exposure for unlicensed export violations by cloud service providers and cloud service users?
- What steps can you take to mitigate possible unlicensed export violation exposure?
View the presentation >
Listen to a recording of the presentation >