honors + affiliations
Listed, Illinois Super Lawyers (2009-2012)
Listed, Illinois Leading Lawyers Network (2007-2012)
Director, HFS Chicago Scholars
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
77 West Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601-5094
United States of America
Jason C. White is a partner in Morgan Lewis's Litigation and Intellectual Property Practices. Mr. White has more than 15 years experience litigating intellectual property matters involving patents, design patents, trademarks, trade dress, unfair competition, and trade secrets, and he has served as lead counsel in many of these cases. His experience includes both jury and bench trials in courts throughout the country.
He has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies—as both plaintiff and defendant—in complex patent cases involving technologies such as: Internet and e-commerce, computer hardware and software, cellular communications, database searching and retrieval, global positioning systems (GPS), automated guidance systems, medical devices, electronic gaming, and vehicle control systems.
Mr. White has also represented companies in asserting and defending claims of trademark and trade dress infringement and unfair competition. His experience includes preliminary injunction and dispositive motion proceedings.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Mr. White was a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice in the Chicago office of an international law firm.
Mr. White earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Dayton School of Law in 1996, where he was a staff member for the Dayton Law Review. He earned his B.S.E.E. in electrical and computer engineering from Marquette University in 1992.
Mr. White is admitted to practice in Illinois and before various federal courts.
- Obtained a defense verdict of noninfringement and invalidity in a patent infringement lawsuit for a major internet search company after a jury trial in the Eastern District of Texas where plaintiff sought $28 million in damages.
- Obtained a defense verdict of no-liability for a major pharmaceutical and healthcare company in a patent false marking lawsuit after a bench trial in the Southern District of New York where plaintiff sought a $20 million fine.
- Obtained a summary judgment ruling of noninfringement in a patent infringement lawsuit for a major internet search company in the Eastern District of Texas in which the Chief Judge of the Federal Circuit sat by designation and issued the summary judgment ruling.
- Obtained a summary judgment ruling of no liability in a false patent marking lawsuit for a major manufacturer of single use food and beverage service products in the Eastern District of Virginia where the plaintiff sought more than $10 trillion. The Federal Circuit affirmed the district court's grant of summary judgment.
- Represented a major internet search company in a patent infringement jury trial in the Eastern District of Texas. The jury's finding of infringement was reversed by the Federal Circuit resulting in a victory for our client.
- Defended more than 50 false patent marking lawsuits in Federal District courts across the country. Many of these cases have been dismissed or have settled for nominal settlement payments.
- University of Dayton School of Law, 1996, J.D., Cum Laude
- Marquette University, 1992, B.S.E.E.