Named a Class Actions and Mass Torts 'Powerhouse' in BTI's Litigation Outlook 2014 report
Class Action Practice Group of the Year – Law360 (2013 and 2014)
honors + affiliations
Named 2014 Pennsylvania Product Liability Department Of The Year by The Legal Intelligencer
Member, Order of the Coif
Managing Editor, Villanova Law Review
Member, American Bar Association
Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
1701 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2921
Kristin M. Hadgis is an associate in Morgan Lewis's Litigation Practice. Ms. Hadgis focuses her practice on complex commercial, class action, retail, and product liability litigation as well as counseling businesses on risk management strategies. She has represented clients in complex commercial contract and indemnification disputes, defense of medical device and product liability claims, consumer fraud actions, and government investigations. While Ms. Hadgis has worked across a broad range of industries, much of her practice has focused on the medical device, pharmaceutical, financial services, and retail industries.
Ms. Hadgis's recent experience includes:
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in attorney general litigation in state and federal courts, including appeals.
- Represented multinational pharmaceutical companies against states' attorneys general in declaratory judgment actions seeking relief under state and federal due process and separation of powers provisions.
- Represented a medical device manufacturer in product liability cases concerning drug pumps, pace makers, and insulin pumps.
- Defended a national chemical company in its defense of a complex post-acquisition indemnification lawsuit seeking more than $800 million of damages.
- Advises retail companies on a variety of operational matters including gift cards, loyalty programs, advertising, and eRecycling registration and requirements.
- Represented a national insurance company in a federal government investigation.
Ms. Hadgis maintains an active pro bono practice, having represented children in dependency proceedings in association with the Support Center for Child Advocates. She also has represented clients in civil rights actions, including two cases brought under § 1983.
Ms. Hadgis is a member of the firm's Class Action Working Group and a contributing member of the firm's chapter on class action practice in the leading treatise, Business and Commercial Litigation in Federal Courts. Ms. Hadgis also has authored several articles on defending class actions.
Prior to joining Morgan Lewis, Ms. Hadgis clerked for Judge Timothy R. Rice of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Hadgis earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2008, where she was named to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, she served as a managing editor for the Villanova Law Review and was a legal extern for Judge Juan R. Sanchez of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Ms. Hadgis earned her B.A. in government and French from Franklin & Marshall College in 2003.
Ms. Hadgis is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey and before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Villanova University School of Law, 2008, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Franklin & Marshall College, 2003, B.A.