- Labor & Employment
- Systemic Employment Litigation
- Employment Counseling & Litigation
- Noncompetition Agreements & Trade Secrets
- Life Sciences
- Securities Industry
- Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Individual Employee Litigation and Arbitration
- Advertising, Consumer Protection, & Privacy
- Life Sciences and Healthcare
The American Lawyer Magazine's Litigation Department of the Year – Labor and Employment Law Finalist 2004, Winner 2006, Finalist 2008, Finalist 2010, and Finalist 2012
Listed in the highest tier for National Labor and Employment Practice in Chambers USA 2014
Named a top 5 firm for employment in BTI's Litigation Outlook 2014 report
Ranked in the top tier by The Legal 500 for Labor and Employment Litigation, ERISA Litigation, Labor-Management Relations, and Workplace and Employment Counseling (2014)
Ranked, National Tier 1: Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor & Employment by U.S. News and Best Lawyers (2011-2012)
Ranked #1 for "Most Prestigious" Labor and Employment Practice, Vault 2012 Associate Survey
honors + affiliations
The New Jersey Law Journal's Litigation Department of the Year – Labor and Employment: Winner 2013, Finalist 2014
Listed, New Jersey Law Journal's "40 Under 40" (2008)
Listed, "Rising Stars," New Jersey Super Lawyers (2006-2008)
- New Jersey
- New York
502 Carnegie Center
Princeton, NJ 08540-6289
Thomas A. Linthorst is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice. Mr. Linthorst represents employers in a broad array of labor and employment law matters.
Mr. Linthorst represents employers before state and federal trial and appellate courts and administrative agencies. His practice is concentrated in defending employers against wage and hour class and collective actions, whistleblower claims, and claims for wrongful termination, sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
Mr. Linthorst is a co-Leader of the Labor and Employment Practice Group's Wage and Hour Practice, Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Practice, and Life Sciences Industry Initiative.
- Wage and Hour Litigation: Mr. Linthorst has served as lead counsel in numerous wage and hour class and collective actions, including misclassification and off-the-clock cases, and has been successful in defeating class and collective action certification, and prevailing on the merits.
- Whistleblowers: Mr. Linthorst regularly counsels employers on whistleblower issues, and defends whistleblower claims before the Department of Labor and in the courts.
- Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets: Mr. Linthorst regularly counsels employers on restrictive covenant drafting and enforcement, and litigates claims relating to breach of restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Other Employment Litigation and Counseling: Mr. Linthorst represents employers of all sizes on full range of labor and employment law matters, including issues under Title VII, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, OWBPA, FLSA, WARN, ERISA, NLRA, and state law causes of action; Mr. Linthorst also regularly advises employers on individual and group termination decisions, leaves of absence, accommodating disabilities, workplace privacy, and a wide range of employment agreements.
- Speaker/author: Speaker and/or author on issues relating to overtime and other wage and hour issues, whistleblowers, leaves of absence, workplace privacy issues relating to e-mail and internet use, and trade secrets.
Mr. Linthorst is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, and California.
- George Washington University National Law Center, 1995, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, 1992, B.A.