Immigration and Nationality Services
For More Information
- Eleanor Pelta, Eric S. Bord, A. James Vázquez-Azpiri, and Lance D. Nagel listed in Chambers USA 2010
- Eleanor Pelta ranked #1 for Immigration in Chambers USA 2008
- Eleanor Pelta was selected as one of the "Top 10 Immigration Lawyers" for the Legal Times' Leading Lawyers 2006.
- Eleanor Pelta was elected as First Vice President, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Eleanor Pelta is noted as a "Leading Individual for Immigration - Business" in Chambers Global 2010
- Our Immigration team includes speakers of Cantonese, English, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Serbian, Spanish, and Tagalog.
The Immigration and Nationality Practice combines a highly recognized team of business immigration lawyers and paraprofessionals with cutting-edge, Web-based technology to provide global clients with extraordinary service and advice.
Providing immigration assistance from San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Boston, Moscow, and London, we offer the international resources of a top-tier law firm and the specific skills of a dedicated immigration team.
Our interdisciplinary and collaborative relationship with other Morgan Lewis practices—including Employee Benefits, Tax, and Business and Finance—allows us to deliver to clients the benefits of integrated legal resources across a broad spectrum of legal matters. We recognize the close connections between a multinational corporation's immigration program and its other essential operations, including internal employment policies, corporate compliance and governance, and plans for expansion and corporate development.
The areas in which we provide support and counsel include:
- H-1B Visas for temporary specialty workers
- L-1A and L-1B Visas and Blanket L Petitions for intracompany transferees
- E-1 and E-2 Treaty Investor and Trader Visas
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visas for scientists, researchers and others
- Training visas
- TN-NAFTA Visas for Canadians and Mexicans
- H-2B Visas for temporary workers
- Consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas
- Labor certification
- Multinational managers and executives, extraordinary ability, and outstanding researchers visas
- National interest waiver
- Due diligence for immigration aspects of corporate change
- Auditing and government (ICE) investigations
- I-9 compliance
- Corporate immigration policy development and implementation
- Social Security no-match counseling
- Experience with key countries around the globe
- International employment law
- Program and policy development
- Keeping clients up to date about developments in immigration law