Immigration and Nationality Services
For More Information
- Eleanor Pelta, Eric S. Bord, A. James Vázquez-Azpiri, and Lance D. Nagel listed in Chambers USA 2010
- Eleanor Pelta ranked #1 for Immigration in Chambers USA 2008
- Eleanor Pelta was selected as one of the "Top 10 Immigration Lawyers" for the Legal Times' Leading Lawyers 2006.
- Eleanor Pelta was elected as First Vice President, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Eleanor Pelta is noted as a "Leading Individual for Immigration - Business" in Chambers Global 2010
- Our Immigration team includes speakers of Cantonese, English, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Serbian, Spanish, and Tagalog.
The Immigration and Nationality Practice combines the legal talents of one of this country's most well-recognized teams of business immigration attorneys and paraprofessionals with cutting-edge, web-based technology to provide clients with extraordinary service and advice.
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide clients with both the international resources of a top-tier law firm and the highly specialized competency of a dedicated immigration team. We offer clients the best of both worlds—international reach with a signature commitment to personal service and excellence.
Our collaborative relationship with other Morgan Lewis practices—including Employee Benefits, Tax, and Business and Finance Practices—delivers to our clients the benefits of integrated legal resources across a spectrum of legal matters. It is this interdisciplinary perspective on corporate immigration matters that sets our service apart. We recognize and place a high value on the close connections between a multinational corporation's immigration program and its other essential operations, including its internal employment policies; corporate compliance and governance; and plans for expansion, corporate development, and growth.
The areas in which we provide support and counsel include:
- H-1B Visas for temporary specialty workers
- L-1A and L-1B Visas and Blanket L Petitions for intracompany transferees
- E-1 and E-2 Treaty Investor and Trader Visas
- O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visas for scientists, researchers and others
- Training visas
- TN-NAFTA Visas for Canadians and Mexicans
- H-2B Visas for temporary workers
- Consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visas
- Labor certification
- Multinational managers and executives, extraordinary ability, and outstanding researchers visas
- National interest waiver
- Due diligence for immigration aspects of corporate change
- Auditing and government (ICE) investigations
- I-9 compliance
- Corporate immigration policy development and implementation
- Social Security no-match counseling
- Experience with key countries around the globe
- International employment law