As part of a long-standing series of joint meetings, FERC and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) will be hosting a joint meeting on March 31, 2022. The meeting will address electric system reliability and nuclear plants, and will include presentations from:
- NERC staff on the state of reliability and the energy reliability assessment task force
- FERC staff on:
- its new initiative to assist members of the public in navigating FERC proceedings; and
- its recent inquiry into the causes of and responses to Winter Storm Uri.
- NRC staff on:
- operating reactors, advanced reactors, subsequent license renewal, and decommissioning;
- weather-related impacts on nuclear operations;
- dam safety programs; and
- electromagnetic pulse research activities and the opportunities they present.
View the agenda and guide for the meeting for further information.