Healthcare systems have been on the front lines of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and may have several questions about how to manage workforce challenges as we look toward the upcoming months.
Join us for a webinar featuring lawyers from our labor and employment, employee benefits, and healthcare regulatory practices to discuss practical approaches to workforce challenges.
Managing the Workforce in Light of COVID-19: What’s Next for Hospitals and Health Systems
Thursday, November 19, 2020 | 3:00–4:00 pm ET
Topics will include:
- Special COVID-19-related benefit relief regulations and employee assistance funds
- Employee benefit considerations involved with furloughs, cutbacks in hours, and reductions in force
- Issues with temporary suspension of employer-provided pension/401(k)/403(b) benefits
- Approaches to preserving your workforce
- Provider Relief Fund: Permitted use and what’s next for reporting
Also top of mind for hospitals and health systems is a successful COVID-19 vaccine, and the implications a new vaccine will have on their workplaces. Although much remains speculative, employers can look to the regulation of current vaccines as the basis for their preliminary planning. Those that begin to plan now will be better positioned to navigate the various risks and issues involved.
To assist with that planning, our labor and employment and FDA teams recently posted a LawFlash providing an overview of the vaccine approval process in the United States, key legal issues US employers should be aware of, and guidance on how to begin analyzing the major risks.