In the upcoming webinar “What Do Technology Businesses Need to Know about the GDPR?” Morgan Lewis partners Pulina Whitaker (London) and Ronald W. Del Sesto, Jr. (Washington, D.C.) and special legal consultant Dr. Axel Spies (Washington, DC) will discuss key issues and implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This new EU data privacy regulation will have major implications for companies with goods and services that are directed to individuals in the European Union.
Topics will include the following:
- What is the definition of “personal data” under the GDPR?
- How does the GDPR apply to technology businesses specifically?
- What policies and procedures need to be revised or created to achieve compliance with the GDPR?
- What is the update on data transfers to the United States and Privacy Shield certification?
- What are the penalties of noncompliance with the GDPR?
This one-hour webinar will be held on Monday, May 22, at 11:00 am ET. You can learn more about and register for this event here.