Conferences and Speeches
High Times in the Workplace: Marijuana Legalization
Thursday, August 10, 2017
|10:30 AM - 12:30 PM PT|
Labor and Employment of counsel Kate McGuigan will join the Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA) on August 10, 2017 to discuss recreational marijuana in the employment law context.
The discussion will include:
- The scope of marijuana legalization in the US
- The use of medical marijuana
- Conflicts between federal, state, and local law
- How to handle legalization of marijuana in policies, procedures, handbooks
- Hiring and firing issues
- Employee discipline and safety
- ADA and reasonable accommodations
- Leaves of absence
- Multi-state compliance
CLE credit: Please see the event website for more information.