Employee Benefits and Tax partner Mary (Handy) Hevener will present at the American Bar Association’s 28th Annual Philadelphia Tax Conference sponsored by the Section of Taxation.
Employee Benefits – Employment Tax Update
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 | 8:30 am–9:30 am
Presenters: Mary (Handy) Hevenern
This presentation will cover many payroll tax issues, ranging from current compliance, through audit exposures and refund claims, including:
- Continuing IRS payroll tax audits and litigation of myriad cash and noncash fringe benefits provided both to executives and to traveling workers;
- Payroll tax withholding procedural developments, including increased ability to litigate in Tax Court, and complexities of overpaying/underpaying the 0.9% Additional Medicare Tax;
- Increasing prevalence of unjustified penalties in payroll tax audits, plus new requirements to send Forms W-2C to collect taxes twice;
- State payroll tax audits; and
- Existing and pending federal legislation to limit these state payroll audits.