2018 Doing Business in the Golden State – Recent IP Cases
|January 03, 2018|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM ET|
|11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT|
|09:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT|
With hundreds of recent patent and other intellectual property (IP) decisions, how do you decide which cases will affect your company’s litigation, patent prosecution, or manufacturing strategy?
Please join us as we share our insights on what companies need to know about some of our favorite IP cases from the recent past from the US Supreme Court and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
QUESTIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- Can laches be invoked as a defense against a claim for damages brought within the six-year limitations period of Section 286 of the Patent Act?
- Does supplying a single component of a multi-component invention for manufacture abroad give rise to liability under Section 271(f)(1) of the Patent Act?
- Does attorney-client privilege extend to patent agents?
- When are a patent’s claims eligible for covered business method review?
- Is it constitutional for the US Patent and Trademark Office to deny registration to trademarks that it deems “disparaging”?
- Can a supplier’s sale of “manufacturing services” more than a year before a patent’s filing date invalidate product-by-process patent claims under the on-sale bar?
CLE credit: 1.0 hour of CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.