New Developments in HIPAA Regulation and Enforcement
Listen to the recording >> | View the slides >>
January 17, 2018
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM ET
Please join us for a review of HIPAA privacy and security regulatory developments and enforcement in 2017, with some thoughts on what to expect in this space in 2018.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- The recent lag in Office for Civil Rights (OCR) settlements: An anomaly or the "new normal"?
- Recent OCR enforcement actions
- Lessons learned from the HIPAA Phase 2 audits
- Responding to the threat of ransomware after WannaCry
- OCR guidance on disaster response and sharing of opioid abuse information
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.