New York Employment Law Year in Review
|Thursday, December 12, 2019|
|12:00 PM - 01:00 PM ET|
|11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CT|
|09:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT|
Join us for a webinar as we review key changes in New York State and New York City employment law from the last year. We will review significant reforms and case developments, interpret their impact, and provide recommendations for employers.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Expanded employee protections under NYS and NYC discrimination and sexual harassment laws – including demise of "severe and pervasive" standard and elimination of Faragher-Ellerth defense
- NYS salary history prohibitions and pay equity laws
- Additional protected categories under NYS and NYC law
- NYC “cooperative dialogue” (interactive process) and other disability and lactation accommodation requirements
- Enforcement of NYC Predictive Scheduling and Paid Sick and Safe Leave laws
- “Manual Workers” and NYS Pay Frequency updates
- Notable court decisions and case developments
- What to expect in 2020 – including drug testing prohibitions, #MeToo challenges, and potential independent contractor legislation
CLE credit: CLE credit (1 hour per webinar) in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.