Managing the UK and US Foreign Direct Investment Processes: What to Expect
View the presentation >>
Wednesday, February 17, 2021
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM ET|
|03:00 PM - 04:00 PM GMT|
Please join partners from the Morgan Lewis CFIUS Working Group for a webinar on foreign direct investment (FDI) in the United Kingdom and the United States. Our discussion will focus on the UK National Security and Investment Bill generally, comparing the changing landscape for investments raising national security concerns in the UK and the US rules under CFIUS.
Topics will include:
- An overview of the UK National Security and Investment Bill: a new mandatory filing regime, the UK government’s power to “call-in,” impose remedies or require the demerger of completed transactions, and the retrospective application of the bill to transactions that complete before it comes into force
- Due diligence – what’s changed and what remains the same
- Managing an analysis of critical technologies
- Factors to consider when deciding whether to file a voluntary notice or declaration
- Regulatory impact on cross-border private equity and venture capital investments
- Trends since FIRRMA
- Expectations under a Biden administration
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.