Conferences and Speeches
ACI’s 15th Forum on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Houston
January 25–26, 2023
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
11:45 am CT
Morgan Lewis partner Humberto Padilla Gonzalez will speak at the American Conference Institute’s (ACI’s) 15th Forum on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act Houston. The conference will include key enforcement officials, and legal and compliance experts will unpack various high-stakes issues.
Humberto will speak on the panel, “The Newest, Emerging Legal and Compliance Challenges in Latin America: Unexpected, Lesser-Known Takeaways for the Year Ahead.” The panel will also feature Flávia Maffei Pavie, general counsel and chief compliance officer of Eve Air Mobility.
Topics will include:
- Key regulatory and enforcement developments across the region—and their impact
- The newest approaches to navigating third-party and supply chain risks
- Tailoring your compliance program to the unique realities of each jurisdiction
- Managing the interplay of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act with local laws and regulations
- Mitigating heightened matters in Latin America
- What recent developments reveal about the cooperation between US and enforcement authorities in Latin America—and compliance program expectations
- Mitigating criminal and civil liability risks for directors, officers, and employees
CLE credit: See event website for more information.