Conferences and Speeches
PLI Seminar: Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2019
October 18, 2019
Intellectual property partner Sanjay Murthy will present “Ethics for Patent Lawyers” at Practising Law Institute (PLI)’s Developments in Pharmaceutical and Biotech Patent Law 2019.
Topics will include:
- Hear key recent PTAB decisions involving attorney ethical disqualification issues and sanctions under 37 CFR § 42.12
- CommScope Tech, LLC v. Dali Wireless Inc. IPR2018-00571, Paper 25 (July 15, 2018)
- Miami International Holdings, Inc. et al v. Nasdaq ISE, LLC et al, CBM2018-00021
- Apple Inc. v. Voip-Pal.com, IPR 2016-01198 and IPR 2016-1201
- Understand conflicts of interest for attorneys: ethical disqualifications based on lateral attorney moves and use of joint defense agreements
- Valeant v. Mylan
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, et al. v. Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA), Inc., et al., Case No. 18-1994 (FLW) (D.N.J. Dec. 18, 2018)
- Learn ethical issues for in-house counsel and outside counsel
- Rule 34 discovery obligations and compliance issues
- Trial evidence traps for litigators
CLE credit: Please see event details for CLE information.