FDA & Healthcare partner Reece Hirsch will be presenting "The Long Arm of HIPAA: Business Associate Relationships Post-HITECH" at the Sixth HIPAA Summit West, annual meeting for healthcare professionals.
- Prepare attendees for professional HIPAA privacy and security certification examinations.
- Understand the basics of HIPAA, HITECH, and PPACA/ACA laws and regulations, and the effect of healthcare reform on health information exchange.
- Obtain up-to-date information about recent and upcoming changes to the HIPAA regulations
- Outline the next generation of privacy and security compliance strategies, and how these affect electronic health record adoption and interoperability.
- Equip Healthcare Organizations with the knowledge and practical applications to achieve "audit readiness"
- Learn security breach analysis and notification strategies.
- Understand the operational efficiency opportunities for providers and health plans supported by the operating rules.
- Analyze Industry Readiness for implementation of 5010, ICD-10, and operating rules, and articulate strategies for compliance.
- Learn about the operations efficiency opportunities for providers and health plans supported by the operating rules.
- Understand the Medicare program incentives for meaningful use of electronic health records, and the role of regional extension centers.
- Gain expertise in the evaluation, selection and adoption of electronic health record systems.
- Anticipate operational issues and learn best practices in electronic health record implementations.
October 10 - 12, 2012
The Long Arm of HIPAA: Business Associate Relationships Post-HITECH
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
4:45-5:15 pm PT
Hilton San Francisco Union Square
333 O'Farrell St.
San Francisco, CA 94102