We hope you were able to join us for two back-to-back, action-packed Fast Break sessions in December and January.
- Landmark court decisions impacting the False Claims Act, Medicare reimbursement, and medical necessity
- Pronouncements from the US Department of Justice and CMS on enforcement priorities
- Major new rules impacting Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and transparency
- Digital health innovation
And we ranked the Azar v. Allina Health Services decision as our #1 most influential healthcare event of the year.
So to kick off the new year, Greg Etzel did a deep dive on the Allina decision and discussed the impact of this important decision on the healthcare industry:
- Background of Allina: Administrative Procedure Act vs. Medicare Act
- HHS memo interpreting the decision
- Impact on Medicare rulemaking
- Impact on provider appeals and overpayment analysis
- Confluence of Allina with Kisor v. Wilkie, another important 2019 US Supreme Court decision
From multiple US Supreme Court decisions to rules that will potentially change the entirety of the healthcare landscape, 2019 was evolutionary for the healthcare industry. So, if you missed either or both of these informative presentations, catch up now:
And be sure to join us on February 27 as Doug Hart joins us to discuss labor issues in the healthcare industry.
Don't forget you can view any of our previous webinars on our Fast Break series page.
Check out Our Thinking on Healthcare to keep up to date on all things healthcare.