Landmark Trade Secret Law Establishes New Rights and Remedies
View the presentation >> | Listen to the recording >>
June 7, 2016
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET
The new Defend Trade Secrets Act of 2016 amends the Economic Espionage Act and provides the most significant trade secret reform in decades. For the first time, federal remedies are available for trade secret misappropriation. Please join us for a one-hour webinar about the new law and a review of the steps to take to protect trade secrets.
Topics will include:
- Background and key features of the statute
- A review of the ex parte court order process
- Whether to bring a federal civil claim under the new law or pursue state law civil remedies
- A review of the new whistleblower protections
- Stronger protections to safeguard trade secrets during litigation
- “Reasonable measures” that trade secret owners can and should take
- Factors for criminal foreign economic or trade secret theft cases
- Your questions about the new law
CLE credit: CLE credit in CA, FL, IL, NJ (via reciprocity), NY, PA, TX, and VA is currently pending approval.