Conferences and Speeches
Pennsylvania Bar Institute: The New Tax Act
|Thursday, February 15, 2018|
|12:00 PM - 02:00 PM ET|
Morgan Lewis tax lawyers Casey August and Emmeline Babb will join Wendi Kotzen of Ballard Spahr in presenting this Pennsylvania Bar Institute–hosted CLE event discussing the impacts of federal tax reform. This program is designed for anyone who is concerned with how the new law will affect them and their clients.
Topics will include:
Taxation of individuals
- Changes in tax rates and brackets
- Increased standard deduction and elimination of personal exemptions
- Changes on tax treatment of state and local taxes, mortgage interest, alimony, and other items
Taxation of businesses
- Reduction in corporate rate
- New deduction for individual owners that conduct business through sole proprietorships or pass-through entities
- New rules limiting the deduction of business interest
- ax accounting changes, like-kind exchanges, carried interests etc.
- Choice of business entity