The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Northeast and its partners are pleased to present a special joint program and webinar for in-house counsel. Join us as we present the tips, tools, and techniques you need to know as in-house counsel to collaborate successfully with your company's CEO and board of directors.
A panel of seasoned counsel and executives will share practical perspectives on working with your board and C-suite colleagues in this live roundtable. The program will be based in part on a case study, allowing participants to explore challenging issues arising from a high-stakes, high-risk, hypothetical situation where in-house counsel is called upon to make difficult judgment calls while advising C-suite executives and the board.
- Brackett B. Denniston III, Senior Counsel, Goodwin and formerly Senior Vice President and General Counsel of General Electric
- Kathleen B. Patton, Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel of CarGurus
- Jason D. Frank, Partner, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
This program will be based in part on a case study, allowing participants to explore challenging issues arising from a high-stakes, high-risk, hypothetical "situation" where in-house counsel is called upon to make difficult judgment calls while advising C-suite executives and the Board.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Whether the situation is material enough to involve the board
- What are the differences among situations that the board and CEO must address, such as a cybersecurity breach, securities law violation, or M&A deal
- Understanding the perspective of the typical lawyer vs. the typical businessperson, and what you can do to bridge the communication gaps
- Identifying the client, maintaining attorney-client privilege, and navigating ethical and professional conflicts, document preservation, and Upjohn warnings
- Advising the board regarding its duties and responsibilities
- How to establish reporting and communication practices, track key performance indicators, and create and run enterprise risk management programs
- Conducting an internal investigation and what process techniques will save you time, money, and heartburn
Register for the in-person program in Boston >>
Register for the webinar >>